This course covers the basics of Autodesk Revit Architecture. Participants are introduced to the concepts of Building Information Modelling and the tools for parametric building design and documentation. Participants begin with learning the fundamental features of Autodesk Revit Architecture, and then progress through schematic design, together with construction documentation.
After completing this training, you will be able to:
- Understanding the purpose of Building Information Modelling (BIM) and how it is applied in the Autodesk Revit software.
- Navigating the Autodesk Revit workspace and interface.
- Working with the basic drawing and editing tools.
- Creating Levels and Grids as datum elements for the model.
- Creating a 3D building model with walls, curtain walls, windows, and doors.
- Adding floors, ceilings, and roofs to the building model.
- Creating component-based and custom stairs.
- Adding component features, such as furniture and equipment.
- Setting up sheets for plotting with text, dimensions, details, tags, and schedules.
- Creating details.
Who Should Attend
- This course is designed for new Autodesk Revit Architecture users or other Autodesk software users who want to learn essential elements of Autodesk Revit Architecture.
- Working knowledge of architectural design, drafting or engineering
- Basic knowledge of computer operating system
Autodesk ATC certificate of completion will be issued to participants with full attendance.
Chapter 1 Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Introduction to BIM and Autodesk Revit
- Basic Sketching and Modify Tools
- Setting Up Levels and Grids
Chapter 2 Design Development Phase
- Modelling Walls
- Working with Doors and Windows
- Working with Views
- Adding Components
- Modelling Floors
- Modelling Ceilings
- Modelling Roofs
- Modelling Stairs, Railings and Ramps
Chapter 3 Construction Documents Phase
- Setting Up Sheets
- Annotating Construction Documents
- Adding Tags and Schedules
- Creating Details